Sunday, March 26, 2006
well, church was interesting. mercy's first time in nursery, and it did not go well. :( she went in fine, and started playing right away, not even noticing me, so i left. about 10-15 minutes later a lady came and asked if i had dropped off a little girl in a hot pink dress in nursery. i said yes, and she told me that she was upset and i was needed. upset was not even the WORD. hysterical, yes. so i calmed her down and left again, but i could hear bouts of crying every so often. porter started fussing in his carseat, so i took him out and was walking the halls. then i made a bad choice. it was in between classes so i asked my visiting teacher to hold porter so i could check on mercy. ooooh, bad bad choice. she was somewhat calm before i went in, and then all heck broke loose. bad, bad, bad choice. when i finally got out of there porter was fussing, so i took him to nurse and he fell asleep, but i could hear mercy crying the rest of the time. poor nugget. i got her at the end of sunday school, and she was still so upset, but calmed down when we left the nursery, and during sacrament she was happy as a clam. singing, talking, yelling, laughing... my normal little angel face. porter started fussing towards the end of sacrament, so i stood at the back while my visiting teacher stayed with mercy in the pew. i watched her sitting there, this little white blonde head barely showing over the top of the pew, surrounded by all these adults, my little girl. and then she turned around, looking for me. she saw me, smiled, and turned back around to keep eating her cookie. and i knew she was growing up much too fast for me.
 
posted by Owner at 1:50 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: